photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Thursday, February 4, 2016

running on empty

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)


Here's what I've discovered: all my God-wired ability to think through chaos, all my attempts at organization and having awesome kids didn't prepare me for Grace. This was a long fricken week here at the Funk's.


 God's strength is good.

Every day I turn to God and rely on what 2 Corinthians 12:9 teaches me 



I don't have it in me to do this one more day, I need Your strength. This sickness stuff is killing me. I was ready to throw in the towel and give up on the mom duties here.  After Dave and I got hit, Gabe got hit with a nasty ear infection.  Then Abraham got it on Wednesday and he had his first ear infection. Sleepless infants are no fun at all.  Up every 10 minutes for the past few minutes is not my idea of fun. I broke my own rules just to survive and the kids loved it. My goals were to just get through the days not get a gold star.

 
I don't have the patience in me for this … I need Your patience. My big kids this week were awesome and on fire to help and serve in anyway.  They totally rock!  Anytime I needed to nap they were there to help and let me sleep. Now if I could just shut my eyes while I lay in bed and not think of things I have to do!

I can't think straight right now ... I need Your clarity.
I'm not even sure I have love in me right now ... I need Your love. I love how kids just love no matter what.  I can snap at them or get crabby and they never do the same to me.  They continually help with a loving heart and forgive.  Forgiveness is what it's all about. My dear Olivia was leaving me more love notes constantly.


 How can these not make you laugh and smile.  She is so darn sweet and loving. 

God's strength is enough. Sometimes you have to get to the end of yours to learn that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips