photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Eyes to See

Lately…as I watch these stars and (chase one in particular…and scratch my head at all the squabbles these loves bring…and everything else that comes with lots of stars like these…}
I can’t help but think—we aren’t done.
Growing…I mean.
I know most would scratch their heads at our even saying that…BUT. This. Children. Parenting. No matter how hard it can be…it’s our heart.
There are hard days. Homeschooling these little bugs–and most nights we crash. BUT. I know the numbers.
I know the numbers of precious ones in foster care. I know the numbers of ones waiting across the world.
You know the other practical…reasonable…ones.
How would you afford college?
I can barely take care of my three and myself…I don’t know why you’d want more than five.
You can only do so much, and your hands are full.
Laundry. Can you imagine doing just the laundry for more…
When would you rest? That’s just not for me.
Really. That dialogue can go on and on. But here’s the thing. God’s ways are not our ways. And the way the world thinks…might be absolutely opposite of how we think once we have been transformed by Him.
Romans 12:2  “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”

If God is who He says He is…If God really is God…then why in the world would we spend our lives focusing more on the things of this world than providing for the most basic needs of so many without when He has given us plenty? For the sake of what we think we can handle? Because it’s not about US handling anything–but more about what His power can do through us. He will always give us more than we we can handle when we trust Him so His power is made great and seen clearly in our weakness.
Romans 8:28 “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
So with that…and with our longings…and with our prayers…I’m certain. We are not done. I don’t know what He has for us–or when or how. But it’s wonderful and freeing to be in a place where you don’t have to know…and you are just waiting on Him with your spouse and family with open arms. We have praying together for whatever…for whenever and however…and I love being on this journey with them. Because His ways are far better than ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips