photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Monday, March 23, 2020

HOME SCHOOL HELP!

I've had numerous people reach out to me during this time for homeschool help🙂
A lot of what we've been doing(besides our curriculum)for the past 9 years are basic life skills, serving, loving, hanging out with your kids, teaching.
Lots of GRACE< GRACE< GRACE
Remember that everyday and every experience is a chance to teach your kids something
Here are just a few😉
🤩cooking-we've always had 1 person help with meals all day. That 1 person is my sweeper for the day as well. They learn everything about making a meal from start to finish
😀siblings-time together hanging out, playing games, exercising, talking or even reading.  They all spend time with each other throughout the day.
😁chores-everyone pitches in!  We had had our kiddos doing chores since they were 3.  There are always things that need to be done in the house.  Folding towels, wiping counters, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, washing windows, and more.  Each kid has a list they can even cross off after everything.
Sharpies and color coded and all. Make it fun!
😃quiet time- Kiddos have to read and take quiet time for at least an hour to an hour and a half. Yes they actually read a book and then tell me about what they read. (During that time I'll take a 20 minute cat nap if I need it, read, prep my lists for the next day or correct school work, it's not about time for yourself, we do have a purpose here folks) Refresh myself for the rest of the day!

Stay organized. I'm a lister...I'll even make a new list if I have too many things crossed off. If you don't say organized you will get frustrated. Stick to a schedule and hold the kids to that schedule. 
I'm OCD that way, but really kids need structure.  Once they get into a routine it becomes so much easier for everyone.
Let them have some fun too. It is OK to let loose and laugh. We don't spend our whole day cracking a whip and making them study we make time for fun things to do too. We play games, watch a movie, and yes, I let them play video games(football, basketball, lego) sometimes too (but the timer is set!)
It's good for your kiddos to be bored to.  
It gets them thinking and using their imagination.  
Mix it up.
I like to hang with my kiddos all day.
I'm not a helicopter mom, but I stay involved and pay attention and listen.
None of our curriculum is online.  It's books, books and more books.
Talking and conversations.
This is my life. My family is my life.
That's why we are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips