Tuesday, October 7, 2014

the last few weeks from hell

Wow...where to begin? What a crazy few weeks we've had. Full blown spiritual attack. Poor Dave has been hit with flaming arrows one after another. So much has been going on I really don't know where to start and I don't want to sound like I am whining or asking for anything. We just need some prayers. 

At home our water heater started leaking. We had to replace it and that was just the beginning of the costly mishaps around the house which cost us a small fortune. Everything hit us at once from unexpected dental bills, medical bills, double ear infections on Olivia, to car repairs and everything in between.

Gabe also has  been having a ton of accidents so I gave up and went back to diapers.  I was so excited to not have to buy diapers anymore.  He just totally stopped telling me when he had to go potty.  I know...patience.  He's not even two right!

On top of all that; Dave has been really busy at work and trying to maintain a positive attitude in a bad environment. He loves his job but the past few weeks he has been getting beat up pretty bad on a lot of things and it is wearing on him. 

Last week he heard that a friend we met on the cancer journey is in bad shape and their cancer has returned. Their outlook doesn't sound good at all. It hit Dave pretty hard and rattled him. He has good moments and bad. Up and down like a roller coaster. He isn't sleeping well at all and goes to bed late and gets up early. Too much on his mind and even when he prays for peace it seems like everyday he gets hit with another arrow. At times he drifts off day dreaming about me and the kids and making sure we would be OK if something happened to him. He hasn't been like that for a long time. Not since we first heard he had cancer. Now that his friend got the horrible news it brought all those emotions back to Dave. He is doing OK but pray for him to have some peace. We really need it in this house.

Dave was supposed to go to the doctor on Monday for a scope of his throat and follow up appointment with his cancer team in Green Bay. It was an important appointment and would have relieved some of Dave's concerns but sure enough, right in the middle of the day he gets a really tough call at work and is not able to leave. I know it was very important for him to stay but it really bothered me that he couldn't go to the appointment. I know that God needed him at work, but I also know it caused him another 7 day delay before we get some news and hopefully some relief for his concerns.

Please pray for a hedge of protection over our family.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and love.  We love you all dearly.