photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Thursday, September 21, 2017

i now have .....drum roll please


yup...found while we were away on our anniversary trip.
first one ever in my 41 years of life

the kids know the verse so well 

Proverbs 16:31


Gray hair is a crown of splendor;
it is attained in the way of righteousness.

I am excited to be at the starting line of my forties
I am ok with wrinkles, cellulite, gray hair and the whole aging process.

the sweetness of my 30's has been hard won with mr handsome and I swimming upstream against the strong currents of life in general.
between the mercy of Jesus and the patient endurance of my husband is still a beautiful one of triumph.

the more years we bravely stand in Christ, the mightier and more beautiful we become.

there are deceptions and experiences that are more difficult to silence and delete from our souls.

we beat them into submission, one day at a time, one scripture at a time, one moment of trusting God at a time.

fight the fire of insecurity and fear with a double edged sword.

they'll be battles today, tomm. and many more to come before God carries us home.

We are still becoming who he has made us to be.

I chose to walk with joy, the narrow winding road of lessons learned later in life.

even if this day or week isn't what it's all cracked up to be, tragedy strikes, or happy days pass quietly by and we are to busy to celebrate, I know a truth that rises above all else:

His love for his people has no beginning and no end.

Love never gets old, it doesn't wrinkle or fade or fail us. 

 Not ever. 

 Even when my body winds down to its last precious moment of life, my soul will go on with him.  

Love is forever.

May the winding road of your own journey lead you into God's glorious presence.

All from a gray hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips