photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Friday, January 10, 2014



SHAVE AND A HAIR CUT

 We have learned so much about the effects of radiation and what it might do to Dave as he starts this next part of his journey on Monday. Every  type of radiation is different.  It all depends on where you get it.  Dry mouth, burned skin, mouth sores, fatigue, and more. The Doctors also told Dave he would probably lose the hair on the right side of his head and would definitely lose his goatee. So instead of waiting for it to fall out from the radiation, we decided he should just shave off the beard and cut his hair super short. He did both to start the New Year. Dave has not been clean shaven since we dated so this is quite a change for both of us. He looks so young! Here is a picture of him all trimmed and clean shaven and also a look at his surgery scar too. A lot of you have asked for an update on how his scar is healing.
  I think it looks great
he is feeling great and ready to take on this next phase
He will start radiation on the 13th at 12:15
please pray for strength as we conquer this next mission
thank you all so much for your prayers and love
Love Wins!



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw that you started following my blog so I decided to come take a look at yours and it's ironic that this is the most recent post. My husband had a very aggressive form of lymphoma in his neck that was found just six days after we got married. I've been in your shoes! He also is a man with facial hair who shaved/lost it all. Both me and our kids had never seen him with a clean shaven face. My husband also has a big scar on his neck... and he also had to go through radiation. We know all about that mesh mask (my husband's was PURPLE!) and wearing the mouth guards. My husband's throat got so raw he couldn't eat much less drink even sips of water and as a result lost 35 pounds just during radiation... but he did also have to have aggressive chemotherapy too. Anyway... I just wanted to reach out and offer moral support from someone who's been there. I logged our journey in a caringbridge journal that is still public if you'd like to read it. www.caringbridge.org search jasonschenewark (no spaces). Hang in there. I will keep your hubby as well as you and your precious kids in my prayers. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill, I sure would love to chat and answer any questions I can. My email is: iamrebekahelizabeth@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips