photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Monday, September 10, 2012

School...
first week of school went great
Auntie Annie was here from Oregon too
so she got to be part of all the hoopla!
We had the regular tradition of Hot Fudge Sundaes for breakfast!

Jeremiah is in 4K
 
he loved it
he said he was exhausted, and  it was long and slow
funny what they think of things....

Olivia is in First Grade


Olivia had fun as well
by the third day she cried,
she wanted to be with me at home

Jonah is in 2nd Grade
(funny looking picture...)


He loved it as well!
and Odin is in 4th Grade


Everything went great at home.  I have to be honest here.  The first 30 minutes that I was teaching Odin I could not stop  laughing at myself.  I felt like I was taking off my mom hat and putting on my teacher hat.  My butt got sore from sitting too.  I never sat so much before during the day.  Odin and I were chuckling about this. It was so new for him as well but he loves it.    It only took about 3.5 hours including art/music and gym. Going into this, everyone had always told me that I will relearn everything myself and probably end up liking subjects that I never liked.  Well, history was a lot more fun than I thought and Language/grammar....well I do not like that stuff period!

The other thing I was looking for was some ideas for  a daily checklist for him.  Where I can write down what he is supposed to do each day and he (independently) can check it off when he is done.  I want him to be able to get started on things by himself in case I am busy with a baby or  babies....

The week went great besides crabby and tired kids and lots of tears and adjusting.  Which is to be expected.  Jonah broke my heart the other night at dinner though.  He got so sad and started crying, actually sobbing about how sad he was that Odin got to do all this fun and great stuff at school.  So we talked about it and told him he is just going to have to wait and see where the Lord leads us and what to do down the road.

I am so happy and so blessed that this is where the Lord has lead us and so thankful for everyone who has helped and guided us on this journey.  We greatly appreciate all that you have done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips