photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Monday, July 11, 2011

 random thoughts
 yesterday in church I was listening to Pastor Glen's sermon and my mind was all over the place.
I couldn't stop thinking about orphans and helping and giving to the needy and the poor.
thinking about the older children that are left in orphanages and foster care and picked over
thinking about children with special needs
and how I have always had a love for children with Down Syndrome
seeing people suffering on a daily basis right in front of us
just hoping and praying that God would heal them and they would ask him into their lives
I just have a heavy heart lately and am trying to figure out how to deal with it
 I think about this every day but I just cannot seem to shake it lately
I just wish we could give more, help more, adopt more children, on and on
I was tyring to think of ways or where we could cut down more on groceries or bills but there just isn't anywhere else to cut from.
We do not go out to eat unless we get a gift card,
we do not go to a salon or have our nails done
we do not buy new clothes
we do easy and cheap meals
we do not buy toys or go places that cost money  unless they are gifts to us
we have tried to sell our house 3 times
we really just have fixed bills
besides Dave's teeth
we have dental work for Dave that needs to be done(because he is missing teeth)
which will cost between( 15-20,000) and we do not have any kind of dental insurance
we went to a local college in Milwaukee called Marquette  and checked out there dental school and of course they wanted Dave.
they said he could come once a week all day for a whole year.
Serioulsy who could drive an hour one way and take off a day of work to do that and still pay 12,000?
We just have a special VISA card that we use for our dental and try to pay it off with our taxes each year
Each year we have a dental debt, so it's just this vicious cycle that drives me crazy
So please pray about dental insurance or a new job or how in the world we can do this
(please if you have any idea let us know, we have looked into self insurance plans and they just don't pay either)
It just bothers me that this is the only thing that keeps us from doing more of what God has put on our hearts to do and what we love to do as a family
It just seems so silly to me
I am not complaining just venting
We are just trying to stay focused on what God's plan is for us.
Staying strong in faith and in his timing.
If God were to give me everything I wanted in the midst of a struggle (like a sign from him, hear his voice loud and clear, for it to be all over, or get a big answer) I would miss out on getting to know him and feeling his hand in mine throughout the whole ordeal.
Please pray for us in the dental/finance department
and thanks for all your prayers!
Lots of Love

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I've been there. You have done so much better than I have at managing your expenses (I'm a little envious!).

    I'm quite frugal as well and I have 3 suggestions:
    1. Could you or he get a job 30 hours a week and get benefits?? Maybe at Starbucks or Menard's or somewhere employee-friendly? Even if just for 1 year, if you made $20k at the job, you would really be making $40k, because he could have all of the dental work done in a year.

    2. Have you tried couponing (have you seen the Extreme Couponing show??)? I do it and it's crazy how much money we save. It's definitely a hobby for the family to help with too. And I, personally, get so much enjoyment from it!!

    3. I know you've been really focusing on your expenses (which can be a little boring when you subtract EVERYTHING from your budget). So, it's probably time you focused on your income. Five years ago, I, like you, was in the same boat and I kept feeling frustrated month after month because I felt like we weren't saving enough money and you can only cut so much in expenses. So I turned to the other side of the equation and really started focusing on my income. Today, it gives me goosebumps a little, but I run my own business with many employees and that business employs both my husband and I (we used to commute an hour each way for our full-time corporate jobs). It was the best decision I ever made! That said, I'm not suggesting you start your own business - to each their own. But there are MANY MANY ways to make money and stay at home. It took me a solid year to try to figure out how to make money, but once I knew I wanted to make my own income, my eyes and ears were open and I was just waiting for the right opportunity to arise. Be patient, open-miinded, and willing and your desires will be fulfilled!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Jill. I know how it feels to be "stuck" and I believe now that it's just part of the growing process. Hang in there and keep your FAITH. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips