photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Monday, November 8, 2010

           ORPHAN SUNDAY

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you John 14:18

We had a great Orphan Sunday at our church and I just want to say thanks to Pastor Glen for everything he did along with a great sermon and all the helping hands that helped me. 
  We were able to add $175 to our Adoption Fund.  We sold 13 dozen rolls and 2 necklaces.  We also had 3 children sponsored. 
                                 GOD IS SO GOOD!
Somewhere along the line, I unconsciously began living a lie that says learning about God, singing about God, speaking about God is more important than walking with him.
Like so many well intentioned Christians before me, I had thought I could live out my Christianity in church buildings, in Bible studies, and among christian friends.  I had anticipated a comfortable future of growing and learning and discussing and growing some more.  But as I took small steps of obedience, God kept leading me into the fields of the fatherless and the widow and the needy. 
The call to follow Christ on this path is difficult, requiring self-sacrifice and obedience.
To live out these truths and walk in his love.
We are always longing for a deeper experience of God, and the irony is that it is among those we too often ignore and avoid-the orphans, widows poor, sick and oppressed-where God said he would be.  There we will experience HIM, see HIM, touch HIM, and walk with HIM. 
So, as we continue to show hope to orphans, may our lives reflect the prayer of our Savior to the Father, "Thy kingdom come and Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven!'

2 comments:

  1. I've been really enjoying blog surfing tonight and reading all about Orphan Sundays!

    Come check out www.wearegraftedin.com and join the forum if you are interested. We are trying to get some more Ethiopian adoptive families involved there for support and encouragement!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jumped over here from the Adoption Story Blog Hop and loved this post. I hit me right in the heart. Thank you so much for writing this. We have seven beautiful blessing (four of them adopted-Russia and Ethiopia) and I joy at each little one coming home. Thank you again for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips