photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Tuesday, November 16, 2010




One of thoooose Mondays!
Had the best nights sleep.
Totally uninterrupted
7 HOURS
That never happens in the Funks house
Everyone got up and we started playing the game of LIFE by 6
My kids are obsessed with this game
Jeremiah just cruises his car around the track and spins.
As I walked down the stairs I happen to see a booger on the wall.
A fresh big one
Now, who in the world did this, I said?
Everyone said, NOT ME
Let me tell you, my kids are terrible at trying to lie. 
They always start smiling
That was Odin
He had an ear to ear grin
But, since he lied the first time to me when I asked he got disciplined for lying like we usually do.
That caused a 10 minute scene of course.
Battle done and solved.
Prayed together
We are still playing LIFE
Next, Olivia decides to not listen about putting her jammies in the proper basket when told.
I told her again and she did not listen.
So, that resulted in discipline for not listening but when I went to talk to her she said those words I have never heard before. 
The word you are not allowed to say in our house.
She stomped up the stairs and said
I HATE you.
Of course she thought it was funny and ran up the stairs apologizing. 
I wish I would of taken a picture of the other 3 kids mouths when she said that.  Their jaws about hit the floor.
It was classic. 
When Olivia and I talked about this I was able to get some tears flowing and then that really threw her over the top. "Wow, I guess that is a bad word to say", she says.  "I just wanted to try it and see what it sounded like."
I was shocked
It rocked me to the core
Has your child ever said this to you?
Maybe I just think it will never happen, I guess.
It has been one of those weekends with her.  She is really into testing her boundaries right now.
Just staying focused and
consistent
Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”, that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
(Ephesians 6:1-4 )

3 comments:

  1. It is never ever easy...at least not for long...is it? We'd love to get together in January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you're really DOING life not just playing LIFE! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a funny story...Thanks for stopping by my blog..How many kids are you adopting from Ethiopia?

    Robin from Just a Family

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips