photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Thursday, March 4, 2010

We have been faithfully cranking away at all the paperwork in the wee hours of the morning at the Funk household.  It seems like we get more done between 2 and 3 in the morning than at night.  We seem to fall asleep when we put the kids to bed.  We are about half way done with the dossier and are getting very excited. 
I want to thank everyone for the donations, t-shirt orders and for the funky Bun orders as well.  We cannot thank you enough.  It is such a good feeling to me to see people giving and wanting to be part of this childs journey home.  My ultimate goal would be to bring orphan awareness to the forefront over here in the WI area.  People don't know much about it or care about it, which just breaks my heart.  Living selflessly in our lives, to help a child have unconditional love and a forever home is what I want to be a part of.  What a great gift from God to be able to do this. 
On another note Dave broke 2 teeth.  One while eating dinner and a 2nd an hour later!? How does that happen? The city doesn't provide dental so we're now faced with some serious dental bills too. Satan just seems to be after my husband lately.  He's been under attack one after another since we started this journey. Sometimes I start to think about fear and doubt in my life.  
 Peter, suddenly bold, said, “Master, if it’s really you, call me to come to you on the water.”He said, “Come ahead.”

Jumping out of the boat, Peter walked on the water to Jesus. But when he looked down at the waves churning beneath his feet, he lost his nerve and started to sink. He cried, “Master, save me!” -Matthew 14:28-30
Do I really believe all the time that he can save me? I start out strong and faithful but then start to sink sometimes. 
He reached down and grabbed his hand. Then he said, “Faint-heart, why did you doubt?” -Matthew 14:31

Jesus never doubts me either. Every time I fail, He picks me up without hesitation. He draws me closer to him and wraps His arms around me.  I don't doubt him I doubt me. I don’t have to “walk on this water” alone. In fact, He is longing to walk through this with me.  We serve an awesome GOD!  Thank you to all.


T-shirts will be done by March 10th and will ship ASAP  

We are still in need of $8500 to pay for the first part of the agency program fee and our Home Study. Think of it as 85 $100 bills.   We are still believing in full faith that God is providing (as He has been). We have no doubt.  Join us as we pray for and work for and think for and wait for the remaining. It can be done... Just wait. Please spread the word of our blogsite to your family, friends and facebook friends.  What a way to help a child in this world.  Thanks so much!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips