photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

His Power
I look at my own life and asked myself if my weaknesses were an opportunity for God's power to be made perfect in me.  Did I really accept his grace as sufficient in every situation?  The apostle Paul suffered a thorn in his flesh that he begged the Lord to remove.  The Lord responded not by removing the agonizing source of pain but by giving the apostle the strength to bear it(2 Corinthians 12 7-9).  This is how God often works.  He does not spare us from suffering but enables us to conquer it. 
I've seen shy people become great leaders, and I've seen physically ill people people become charged with spiritual energy and touch other lives with the power of Christ.  I've seen suffering people become shining examples of strength and power.  And through this that nothing can break or destroy us when we allow our weaknesses to make us strong.   
I have so many weaknesses
There is joy in holy boasting of the power of God in a life that is totally dependent on him.  There is peace in accepting God's grace by allowing him to be strong in us when we are weak.
Please pray, fast, whatever your heart tells you to do today!
thank you so much for being a part of our lives and our journey.  
We serve an awesome GOD! 

2 comments:

  1. Resting in His power and standing for the orphans along with you.

    Such a delight to meet you! I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a great place to slip off my shoes and wade into His goodness.

    Splashin,
    Sarah
    http://www.justsarahdawn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips