photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Thursday, December 18, 2014


Day 17


*We chose to do our random acts of kindness while we were out and about at Children's Hospital.  We have had full days these last few weeks I can barely find time to write anything down.  Busy busy busy.  One of these days I will catch up on everything...promise.   We were able to lift some others up when we went into Children's with some notes of encouragement.  Left my camera in the car of course.  Olivia thought it would be fun to put notes on the bathroom stall doors so you could see them when you sit on the potty. Have a great poop she writes with Jesus loves you under it.  Great idea!  

*We went and saw the ENT and audiologist.  She did a great job.  They did a bunch of different hearing tests, nerve tests and took different pictures of her inner ears.  Long story short...she checked out 10 decibels lower than she did last time.  I thought she seemed fine with no change at all.  Apparently not.  They put a hearing aid/headband on her and she did good with that.  The Dr. also said that her eardrum was collapsed and had a lot of pressure in there but she was showing no signs of a cold of any sort.  So they were confused on that part.  They are hoping and thinking it will just go away and get better on it's own.  Time will tell.  We go back in 6 months.  If she has any pain or a harder time hearing we need to bring her there.  She complains of nothing so we are good to go for now. 

*We found some bell ringers that were dancing and singing so we blessed them with hot chocolate.  They totally rocked. They gave us some candy canes. They were so happy and sweet.  A breathe of fresh air.

*Last night when we cooked at the homeless shelter these kiddos were waiting for the noodles to be done and had fun horsing around. 






 Every time we go to cook it pulls at our hearts.  The kiddos usually have a hard time with all the happenings there.  Truly...they get it.  Everyday we get  choices.  We get one shot at this life and honestly, I don’t want to waste it.  I want to do the important things…I want to make those right choices.  When faced with grief and sadness and loss in such a broken world we simply need Jesus.  We can’t fix ourselves…that’s the love and hope and mercy and grace and redemption in Christ.  I don’t always make the right choices.  I screw up a lot.  People and things get under my skin.  I don’t like everyone I meet.  Every day God meets me right where I am and pushes me to try and make this vapor I’ve been given worth something…and that something is for God’s glory…for His name to be made known.  I want to love, invest and care for people…those are the important things.

*Then we had a bag of goods for the food pantry so we swung by the Making Spirits Bright display in Sheboygan and it was  beautiful.  Made me sad that we didn't have Gabe with us.   So thankful for all the sponsors and volunteers who put that all together.  Great job. Pictures were taken in the rain and in the car.





Go be the light to somebody today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips