photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Monday, August 5, 2013

 Loss


Tennessee Sunrise

I lost 2 uncles in just over one week
one from my mother's side and one from my dad's side
both in their fifties
too young and so much life yet  to be lived 
they both leave behind an amazing wife and kids, grand kids, friends, siblings, parents, and a church family- all who loved them dearly. 
My heart aches just to write it.
 My Uncle John from my mom's side had Lou Gehrig's disease
and my other Uncle Gene they were not quite sure what he had
a team of doctors from Madison will be doing some studies to hopefully find an answer as to what caused his problems.
 Whatever the reason, the answer is in heaven.
 We don’t have to search for it on Earth anymore.

My Uncle Gene and his family



My uncle John



 Sickness is not from God, death is not from God.  This loss wasn’t from God.  He didn’t author it for any family.
Death seems to make us lean into HIM more
 God disciplines those He loves.
 And He loves me. And He loves you. 
And since He does, He walks with us through difficult trials.

 We grieve. We laugh. We hug and hold hands. We ache. We live in the midst of pain.

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Revelation 21:4-5a
  In this world everyone is hurting
 and no one person’s hurt is more or less important than the other. 
There are degrees of “pain”, but they all are still “pain” . 
I am reminded daily that there is a world of hurting people outside my front door that need to hear the story that will change their lives. Not my story… HIS story.
The story that sent an innocent man to die for sins that He didn’t commit, for people that didn’t believe He was who He said He was. A story that removes all guilt from the equation and replaces it with everlasting peace.


His faithfulness was established before time, in Heaven itself (Psalms 89:2) and his Love stands firm forever.  He is a mighty God, whose faithfulness surrounds him.

There is refreshment and hope in his faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips