photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Thursday, March 28, 2013


my thoughts on Victoria secret

As my kiddos are getting bigger I realized how much they like getting the mail
We have always got a lot of magazines...somehow
I have cancelled so many but they just keep coming
Most of them I just put right into the garbage without even entering our home
One magazine in particular
Victoria Secret
These magazines were really starting to bother me
My kiddos were totally appalled with what was on the cover when they would reach for the mail
My boys are the ones who usually get the mail
they kept coming up and asking why they do this and don't they know this is inappropriate
I love their little innocence...
this new line for preteens they are coming out with is just so sad.
I believe that this sends the wrong message to not only my daughter but to all young girls.
I don’t want my daughter to ever think that her self-worth and acceptance by others is based on the choice of her undergarments. I don’t want my daughter to ever think that to be popular or even attractive she has to have emblazon words on her bottom.
I want my daughter (and every girl) to be faced with tough decisions in her formative years of adolescence. Decisions like should I be a doctor or a lawyer? Should I raise awareness for slave trafficking or lack of water in developing nations? There are many, many more questions that all young women should be asking themselves… not will a boy like me if I wear a “call me” thong?
I want my daughter to know that she is perfect the way she is; I want my daughter to know that no matter what underwear she is wearing it does not define her.
I believe that this new line “Bright Young Things” thwarts the efforts of empowering young women in this country. “Bright Young Things” gives off the message that women are sex objects. This new line promotes it at a dangerously young age.
I have written them an email but to say the least they really don't care
Their profits are way more important than little girls self worth.

1 comment:

Blogging tips