photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A new journey begins...
As a family we have had to make a hard decision solely based on months of prayer and God's lead and timing in all of this.  God has been taking us on a roller coaster ride the last 5 months, going through all sorts of loops and twists and changing and opening our heart along the way.  God has put Domestic adoption of 1 or 2 children on our hearts and we as a family have chosen to follow.
Giving us consistent signs, over and over again we have opened our hearts to his plan not our plan.  I just couldn't believe how persistent God is and how he never left us wondering.  Even though its been hard to finally say yes to him we as a family feel very at peace and we couldn't be more excited about this new journey he has us on. 
We have so many friends that have adopted domestically but it never really crossed my mind.  I always had a love for Africa and always will.  Dave is the one who wanted to pursue Domestic from the start, and I guess I should of listened.  After Ethiopia stopped their process and then started it again but with cuts in their government we just started to ask God where we should go or what we should do. God  simply threw situations, conversations and signs our way.  The more we stayed focused and faithful to Ethiopia the more signs and confirmation for us to switch to Domestic he gave us.  I was starting think...
Wow!
Can he really do this stuff?
God is crazy and I am going insane over here!
Trusting in God and his plan, it got to be pretty crazy sometimes before we made the decision.
It's like I was constantly teetering on this edge and we finally had to make the decision.  We are so thankful that God had given us this time to raise the money for this adoption and to open our hearts to Domestic adoption. We are saddened that we will not be adopting from Ethiopia but we know we will be going there for mission trips in the future with our children.  We as a family are very excited about this and we couldn't be happier. God has the perfect child(ren) for us in his timing. We are starting over and following God's lead. Thank you for all your prayers and support.


2 comments:

  1. Jill- I read your posting and it sounded great! I know you have been struggling with what to write and concerned about letting people down. I haven't known you for very long, but in a short time I have come to know a truly caring and giving person. I don't think it matters "where" you adopt a child from. Your hearts are in the right place and that is what matters. The people that know you will know that you did a lot of praying before making your decision. You have shared with me some of the things that have come up over the past few weeks, and I believe God was giving you "signs" leading to your family making this change. (God sure works in mysterious ways.....)The "Funks" are an awesome family and I feel blessed that all of you have come into our lives. I know that my boys are benefitting from the friendships that they are building with your kids and I personally am grateful of the friendship I have with you. It is great to have another Mom to talk to that I can related to - and vent to. (I finally have another "girl" I can talk to :) I have not met a lot of people in Kiel and haven't been able to establish any friendships.
    As you guys move forward in the adoption process, please let me know if I can do anything - I would love to help out. ~ Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips