photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Growing
When I was young and pretty much throughout my whole life I  always knew(my mother always told me this)that God made me for specific tasks and for who I really was.
It didn't matter if I didn't go to college
I worked 3 jobs and paid for everything on my own
we didn't have much money
flashy clothes
I had good grades and dreams in my heart since I was little
I just wanted to open my own orphange in Milwaukee or
have a farm with all the ugly animals that get left behind at the animal shelter including horses and pigs
or go into the  peace corps
My clothes never matched
My mom was ok with me dressing the way I did
coloring or doing my hair the way I wanted as long as I got good grades and was a good person
Free spirited and happy for the most part
A wise women grows in understanding who she really is
She does not compare the inside of herself to others
I never wanted to look like others or wear what they were wearing or have a body like they had 
even with a eating disorder
I was happy just the way I was
just loved food and became a food addict
I just simply loved who I was on the outside
I never dated until I was 18
Boys were my buddies I played sports with or cards not boyfriends
Never liked the caddieness of girls, the gossip and the girly girl things...wasn't what I cared about at all
I never cared what others thought of me or how I looked
I got picked on
and used by all sorts of girls
my nickname was "Sasquatch"
 I didn't really care
I think the only reason I got voted to be on the prom court was from all the boys...
But, GOD loved me and my parents did
I had friends from all walks of life and I loved it.
I just hung out with whoever I wanted to whenever I wanted to
That is all I needed and I loved it
Out of high school and years later I was still the same but with many more things going on...we'll save that for down the road.
A women who understands who she is in God's sight
Accepted (Ephesians 1:5)
Secure(Phillipians 1:6)
Significant (John 15:16)
A women's identity is not bound up in what she has, how she looks or what she wears.
Her identity is secured in who she is as a beloved child of God
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do(Ephesians 2:10)
Do you know how treasured you are to HIM?
Ask Him to help you grow and understand who you are.
Sometimes it's hard to think of yourself as a piece of artwork created to be just who you are.
Allow him to shape your character and your life
Your deep desires will be met as you grow in walking with the Saviour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips