photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Friday, July 30, 2010

Bothered
I was driving home from Appleton the other day and could not help but notice this cute older man,  in his 60's, getting out of his car in the parking lot.  Going into one of these buildings(not this exact one though).
I did not have any kids with me so I decided to go and talk to this guy. I mean , it was like seeing my father going into a strip club. Cute little grandpa kind of looking guy.  This was aggravating me.   He stared at me wondering what in the world I was doing. 
I asked him why he was going in there
for just a little entertainment
Do you have a wife and family at home
yes, of course
Before I started to get angry I just started talking to him about sin and Jesus and I ended up just walking away
He just kept looking at me like I was the weirdest thing, but I really did not care.  I was just really bothered by the whole situation.
“We're in the greatest battle ever fought. It's a struggle of Life against DEATH. Satan is set to besiege us in all three realms of body, spirit, and soul. The only way we can have the victory is get into Christ.” William Branham

We live in a culture where the concept of sin has become entangled in legalistic arguments over right and wrong. When many of us consider "What is sin?" we think of violations of the Ten Commandments. Even then, we tend to think of murder and adultery as "major" sins compared with lying, cursing, or idolatry.

The truth is that sin, as defined in the original translations of the Bible, means "to miss the mark." The mark, in this case, is the standard of perfection established by God and evidenced by Jesus. Viewed in that light, it is clear that we are all sinners.

The Apostle Paul says in Romans 3:23: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."


In light of this, it does no good to compare ourselves to others. We cannot escape our failure to be righteous in our own strength. This is by God's design, because only when we understand our weakness will we consider relying on the  sacrifice of Jesus.


Sin is mentioned hundreds of times in the Bible, starting with the "original" sin when Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge. Often it seems as if sin is simply the violation of any of God's laws, including the Ten Commandments.


Paul, however, puts this in perspective in Romans 3:20, when he says, "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin."


God wanted us to recognize our sins. Even those who have not murdered or committed adultery will find themselves convicted of lying, or of worshipping false idols like wealth or power ahead of God.

Tragically, sin in any amount will distance us from God.

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives" (1 John 1:8-10).

In light of this, it does no good to compare ourselves to others. We cannot escape our failure to be righteous in our own strength. This is by God's design, because only when we understand our weakness will we consider relying on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus.

 Jesus, help me to always remember that You have forgiven me of my sins. Help me to drop the stones I so quickly pick up to cast at others and extend to them the same grace You have extended to me. Get rid of the stripclubs ,please!

1 comment:

  1. Have you and your husband ever read- every man's or woman's battle? We have done bible studies based on the books. It is a sin that our society glosses over so quickly- not just men, but woman as well....even though ours looks different.

    AGREE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips