photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 1....what a day!!!!!
This rummage sale sort of took  over my life for the past 2 months and it was finally here!  We had a great first day yesterday opening at 8am and finally closing at 7am.  Dave and I got up at 3am to finish setting up more things.  My parents rented us a canopy from the True Value Hardware store in New Holstein. Dave and I set it up the night before but he was up most of the night tying it down due to a thunderstorm that hit us. We had a lot of rain in the morning and wind in the afternoon but we got all our stuff out to sell and boy did we need that canopy. It was a life saver! Thanks Mom & Dad and Thanks to the True Value store too who helped us out in so many ways! We have A LOT of stuff. We are so thankful for everyone's gracious donations.  The kids had a blast running around and helping.  Odin thought he could direct people like a salesman if they were looking for something special.  At one point we were actually running around.  Thank heavens my Dad did not have to work, he was my cook(doing brats and helping me make more Funky Buns).  I don't know what we would of done without my Dad. It was just me and my mom.  I am so thankful for their help and dedication.  We also had a lot of questions about adoption and only a few rude remarks that just rolled off my shoulder. God is so great and awesome...We are so thankful for the people that gave extra as well out of your own goodness of your heart.  I love to see how God works and moves people.  Another BIG thank you to friends of ours who surprised us with a huge donation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips